Self Introduction

 Hi, I am Yiqing Zhao and you are welcome to call me Angelina! I am now in the second year of UC Davis. Although I am a sophomore, my major is still undecided. But I already know about which major to choose. I would like to choose double majors for statistics with data science and design. 

Let’s talk about my hobbies! I have many hobbies like swimming, drawing and so on. But when talking about my favorite one, it definitely should be traveling. I think traveling has had a great impact on my life. The various cultures make me understand the world a lot more deeply. Traveling not only lets me see splendid sceneries that  I will never forget, but also provides me opportunities to meet different people and listen to their interesting and unique stories. Here are two pictures that I took during my journey of Cancun. The two places surprised me because I had never seen anything like these.

I often look at websites that recommend travel destinations. For example, the link I attached below

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2019/09/04/bucket-list-travel-the-top-50-places-in-the-world/?sh=679f7c8a20cf 

introduces 50 places that are worth traveling to. After looking through it, I chose two as my destinations in 2023. Paris in France for summer holiday and Iceland for winter holiday. For France, I heard that the French were averse to speaking English. Therefore, I searched online to find some websites that can teach me some simple French for traveling. Here is the link: https://www.fluentin3months.com/french-phrases-for-travel/

It really helps a lot since it lists some useful phrases and sentences like “Where is…”, “Bill, please.” “How much of it?”. If you want to travel to France, I also recommend you to remember some words from the website. Moreover, it is said that you can see the aurora in Iceland in winter. I really, really want to see this wonder of the world. But even in winter, it is very difficult to see auroras every day. So there is a website that can predict the time, location and visibility of auroras. The website will update information every day and this article teaches you how to understand the information and map. Here is the link: https://www.northernlightsiceland.com/northern-lights-forecast/

My friends also like traveling. Or you can think that we became friends because we both like traveling. In our spare time, we like to talk about where to go for our next journey. Thus, after we decide the destination, we will start to arrange the itinerary including booking hotels and flight tickets. We also search online ahead of time to see what local restaurants and cuisines are recommended. In the chat, we sometimes reminisce about the places we have been.

Comments